Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A new sport has been found!

I have been checking off the "Queenstown Must Do" list for the past few days! Took me...6 months....but you know. Anywho, Billy, a mate from the mountain was in town for a few days, so we went to Queenstown Gardens to check out lawn bowling. An excellent game, I must say. Then we went to Dux de Lux to play some pool then participate in the Pub Quiz! We came in 3rd to last. I mean really, how am I supposed to know the name of some tiny county in England when I've never even been there? We had 2 Americans, an Aussie and a Scot on a team. Rubbish, I reckon. But I did get the one that asked, "Which American president's wife's nickname was Ladybird?' Billy said JFK, but no no, it is, in fact, Johnson, I thank you. And we found out - Laing included here - that Australian is the inventor of the SPEEDO. Pahahaha. Nice. They would be.

Today I met up with Laing, Billy, Richie and Dave for some frisbee golf in the Gardens, which I am HORRIBLE at. I've decided that if "golf" is in the name, I am absolutely no good at it. Then a picnic of chips and salsa and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies made by yours truly! So I'm doing all the Kiwi things that you "have" to do here. :D Woot!

Also....found out that Aussies have no sense of geography. Worse than Americans. Last night at the quiz, Laing asked me, "Where is England exactly anyway?" After I drew him a map, he asked "So....where's Britain?" to which Billy and I just laughed and then proceeded to harass him into telling us geography questions like 'Name 3 countries that border China." (He only got 2.) Really, I'm dating the next Einstein here, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment