Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fireworks = enjoyment.

Well, I may have missed the 4th of July, but Guy Fawkes Day sure is helping me make up for it. Apparently, fireworks are illegal all the time in New Zealand....except for now. For the entirety of this weekend, we can light off as many fireworks as our lil hearts desire. For this reason, some of my flatmates and I went out and purchased a very large container of fireworks and have been setting them off for the past few days. Including our own modifications, of course. The little Cascade firecracker guys...yeah, we decided they needed wings so we could set them off the balcony and it would FLY! :D Don't worry, we're still being safe. Although, Andy and Laing decided a duel with Roman Candles was a "great" idea. Bobbi and I made them put on goggles, helmets and jeans and jackets, plus made them shields from lids of large boxes since we couldn't convince them out of the idea. It was like watching two big kids have a wizards duel out of Harry Potter. Nerds. Anyway, point is, I enjoy fireworks.

Secondly, I have an interview at 530pm up the gondola for a cafe or service attendant position. Same thing as I did up Coronet Peak probably, but hey, it's a job. And besides, how many people can say they ride a gondola to work every morning? Plus, I have every intention of riding the luge down after work occasionally.
Check it out: http://www.skyline.co.nz/
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment