Nothing fantastic to report, kiddos, but I'm bored and figured I'd update slightly. Laing and I went out to dinner at a sweet Thai place in town then met up with a few friends who were in a pub quiz at the Casino. Joined in for the last few rounds of the competition....it was such random questions like "Who scored a century during blah diddy blah blah?" Mind you, a century is some silly thing in cricket. A) Cricket is a BORING BORING BORING sport. B) They wear stupid little polo shirts, sweater vests and funny hats. This means it's not a sport in my book. C) ....really? Anyway, I helped with a few questions, 1. What's the name of the illusionist who shares a name with a Charles Dickens novel? - Easy. David Copperfield. 2. Who is this comic book character who shares the name of the band who plays the song "Sugar Sugar" - Super easy! Apparently this is a very American thing. No one had any idea. Archie, of course!!!! I find it strange that no one knows classic old songs like that. I've had to introduce "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "Knock Three Times" and heaps of others to my friends here! No one knows this greatness. Disappointing. 3. Would you find a sexton in a church, brothel or ship? - Church! Sextant is on a ship!!! Woot. Genius am I.
Also, it's a casino. The boys gambled. I felt that as I will probably never go to Vegas and even if I do...well, I've just never felt inclined to gamble. And Jersey? Me? Atlantic City? Pienso que no. Point is, this is probably the only opportunity I'll have to gamble. Well....I've done it. For the first time in my life, I have gambled! And...I found it stupid. I only played a $2 slot machine, won decently on my own (until the boys decide to "help" me and lost everything I won....) but still. I really don't see the point of throwing away money. Oh well. Guess I'm just not good at being an addict. Womp womp.
No comments:
Post a Comment