Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy...Thanksgiving???

Today, Laing and I were bored and both needed some groceries so, as it was a beautiful day, we walked out to Frankton...all 10ish km (about 6 miles)! Might've been more. We're guessing how far it was based on car mileage. Perfect day for it and there's a track that goes out there and takes you right down next to Lake Wakatipu so it was fun. Took us about 4 hours round trip though! Laing was inspired to do this as he really enjoyed the walk I made him take yesterday. I found him taking a nap in the middle of the day so I literally dragged him out of his bed (Seriously. I had to shove him onto the floor, put on his flip flops, grab his wrists and drag him outside) and force him to take a walk because I wanted to go outside since it was so nice. Strange that he enjoyed it because most of the walk, he complained about how windy it was, how hungry he was, how thirsty he was or how sleepy he was. He would've never survived growing up with Allison Kennedy! =D (In a good way, Mom.)

Afterwards, I came home to a text from Alex saying, "Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I've never had one. Can we celebrate???" I completely forgot Thanksgiving was coming up! IT'S SUMMER HERE! I'm having a very hard time adjusting to tank tops, flip flops, shorts and November. Pssh, in my world, it's like...June. Anyway, the point is, this is the first Thanksgiving I'll have in the summer. So, at the moment, we're celebrating Thanksgiving...but I have to find another carnivore to join so it's not a vegetarian Thanksgiving. Tofurkey, no thank you! (No offense, Jackee. I mean, really, I tend to be okay being vego. I'm pretty much one. Minus my occasionally partaking of meat. But really, tofu is something I just don't like. Give me Morning Star Buffalo Wings. Holla! But tofu...no.)

Lastly, I'm horrible at all things video game and I blame my parents. Really. Complete rubbish. my flatmates have a Wii (which is fun for tennis and bowling!) but bought MarioKart 2 days ago. Needless to say, at least one person is playing the game at any given point of the day, including myself. But...I just can't do it! No matter how much I practice, I'm just horrible. 12th place has my name written all over it. (There's only 12 places, mind you.) Anyway, the point is, although it's probably good I didn't sit around and play video games most of my childhood and blah blah blah, but dadgumit, I wish I could get any enjoyment out of it as now I'm just that loser kid who sits around on the computer or goes outside while my friends do something they're all good at. Lame. Thanks for scarring me yet again, Mom and Dad. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm no good at video games either. Except the original nintendo, at which I excel because I spent endless hours at Sara H.'s house in Del Rio playing Super Mario 3. But Sean's xbox360? Forget it!

    But didn't you have a Playstation? And didn't you used to play Sonic the Hedgehog? And X-men???

    ReplyDelete