Everyone thinks I'm a dadgum Canadian. "You're not loud enough to be American", "You don't have an American accent", "No, I have American friends. You're just Canadian, okay?", etc. etc. etc. Sigh. Fail Australia.
Also, we have a new dog in the house. Chami and Pippa went to the RSPCA to look at dogs (mistake #1: you never just look. You go to get one) and just couldn't say no to lil' Romeo. Don't worry, they're changing his name. Currently they're thinking of "Chops". Ebony has been lonely, apparently, so they figured another pooch would help - she does quite like it! Ebony's a 3 1/2 year old German Shepherd and Chops/Romeo's a 4 month old Rottweiler/Doberman mix. She's already a big dog. He's going to be a HUGE dog. This is a small house. It's going to be interesting. :) Needless to say, he already looooves me and likes to come hang out with me in my room when I'm home. I like having the dogs around.
Work's going quite well - worked heaps last week and started to get the hang of everything. I'll be heading down to Brisbane within the next few weeks or so for coffee training to I can start being a barista as well. Now I've just got to work on finding me a few fun mates around here and everything will be kosher!
No comments:
Post a Comment