Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goodness gracious, festivals galore!

Aussies love festivals apparently. I've never really been to any since...well...never had any nearby, really. However, April 1st-5th, Byron Bay is having Bluesfest! 5 lovely days of blues music playing all day long. Well, from like 12-12 anyway. Laing and I, plus a few friends are heading up from the 2-4th for 3 days of the festival and camping there too! What fun! Just to name a few choice performers we're going to see to taunt y'all:

On the 2nd: Matisyahu, Blue King Brown, John Butler Trio (mmmhaaa, Jackee!) and Colin Hay band.

On the 3rd: Old Crow Medicine Show, Newton Faulkner, Donavon Frankenreiter, Jack Johnson, Lyle Lovett (I'll see it in honor of you, Taylor) and The Gipsy Kings.

On the 4th: Crowded House, Taj Mahal and Fat Freddy's Drop.

If you want to see more, check out the site. I'm really terribly excited. :) Yay Australia!

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE GIPSY KINGS!!!!! I LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Old Crow is great too! And YAYYYYYY for Lyle Lovett. You'll fall in love!!!

    ReplyDelete