Check it out:
the echidna. (Click on the link, Mom) It's so cute. I want one. Anyway, WHO'S EMPLOYED?!?! May have taken me since October to get a new job, but hey, in this economy....point is, I am currently on a month-long job trial at Le Bon Delice Patisserie. I'm starting off working as a runner - taking coffees/food out, running errands, dishes, working the tills, etc. then also being a barista once I'm officially trained. It's owned by a pastry chef from France who is married to Kate, the manager, from Ireland. Coincidentally, since we have the same name and she's, you know, more important...not to mention she's Irish and they all call me it anyway...she's decided I'm to be "Katy" now. Yes, "KatY". Because it's easier to differentiate between us on the roster, lol. It's alright, I suppose. I can deal with that for a good job. Kate's cool and a hard worker so she makes sure her staff is as well - bonus! No slackers to annoy me! :) Plus, they make delicious coffees and food there. Everything is made on site, except the baguettes because they don't have the license for it. You should see everything though - gorgeous cakes, etc. plus delicious sandwiches! WHICH we get to make for ourselves everyday using fresh country bread, fresh ham, Guyére cheese, homemade mayo, sundried tomatoes, etc. etc. Point is, glorious food for food snobs like myself who can't really afford them on my paycheck, but long for them in real life. BEST. JOB. EVER. I'm quite sure I'm going to love it.
Oh, what else is going on besides a fabulous, new job? Oh, well, you know. The usual. Perfect weather. I get to walk home from work on a beautiful beach with lovely cool, clear water. Or ride home on my bike surrounded by lovely, green gum and paper bark trees. It's a hard life, really. I just don't know if I can handle it.
New flat's great, also. Address is 67 Greenoaks Drive, Coolum Beach, QLD, 4573 Australia. Feel free to love me via care packages.
No comments:
Post a Comment