Friday, May 15, 2009

They even had sheep that bungyed!

Yesterday, I got to complete my last part of orientation - this is by far the best orientation I've ever had to go through!  I met up with QRC's librarian, Sue, to drive up to Gibbston's Winery and Cheesery. She took me the longer route - which is more scenic and passes by part of the area where they filmed Lord of the Rings.  Once we got there, we took the cave tour, where we got to go into the cave where they store the wine barrels and let them age.  We got to try a couple wines too - a Riesling, Pinot Grigio and a Pinot Noir.  It was pretty fun seeing how all that intermixed with all the stuff I learned in my wine tasting class. 

Afterwards, we headed up to AJ Hackett's bungy jump bridge where we got to take a tour and see how they make bungys, etc.  It was pretty fun and I reaaaally wanted to bungy but Sue had to be back so there wasn't enough time. :( It was still quite fun and pretty though.

This weekend, I'm just hanging out, getting groceries, a phone, etc. nothing too interesting, then I wrap up the last bit of my orientation on Monday with Rachel again.  Nothing else too exciting to report, so more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment