Incident #1, last week: I was cleaning out the coffee grinder at the end of the day and this older guy stumbles up, holds out two flowers and says, "I don't even know you but these are for you. I picked them to give to someone today. I just...I don't even know you! These'll make you're life more psychadelic. I don't even know you!" and stumbles away, in the direction of the pub.
Incident #2, today: We have a tray that we used to bring in the clean dishes from the dishpit into the front to set away. We were replacing the mat on it, but there were sticky bits everywhere that needed to be cleaned off. Eucalyptus oil is great for stuff like that, but it's quite smelly so you need to use it outdoors. I was sitting out front of the shop cleaning the goo off - it took a bit of uuuumph, mind you. This older couple is sitting nearbyish and I see the woman approaching. She's giving me a weird smile and all I can think is, "Why me? Why is it always me?" She says, "Well you're working hard there scrubbing away!" "Yep, I've gotta get all this goo off this tray..." "My partner and I just noticed you cleaning that tray and working so hard...we felt bad for you because obviously you have a boss who's just ridiculous and makes you work too hard! We just wanted you to know you have our support." Then she leans forward, grabs my face and plants a big ol' kiss on my cheek and totters off. I was just like, "...uh...thanks?" then quickly finished the tray so I could escape. Everyone else was quite tickled by this scenario. Sigh. What am I doing to attract these people?!
No comments:
Post a Comment