Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Bastille Day, everyone!

The fun thing about traveling, other than the usual seeing new places and having new experiences, is finding out how wrong you are. I mean, take for instance being Irish. Everyone in America is obsessed with being from Ireland. As fond as I am of my dear Irish boss and some of my Irish friends I met on the mountain, I've preferred my Scottish peeps. Don't get me wrong, I still love Flogging Molly, the Pogues, want to go to Dublin and all that jazz, but Scotland doesn't get enough credit. Same with France. Everyone either looooves it or thinks the French are snobs. I never cared much about seeing France myself until I started working in the patisserie and found out that some French people, like chef, are lovely people who have fabulous senses of humor, much like my own. :) So hurrah for that!

Also, a Happy Bastille Day to y'all! We had a special lunch on today - beef bourguignon, mashed potatoes, a "strawberry delight" (strawberry salsa, strawberry tartlet in a sweet puff pastry with creme patisserie, a chocolate dipped strawberry and a strawberry romanoff which has strawberry puree with marscapone cheese) and a complimentary glass of red wine! We had to wear white and black striped shirts, red scarves and black berets as well. :) Sadly, we forgot to take pictures. But we did get to close early and have the lunch ourselves as well which was loooovely. This is definitely one of my favorite jobs. :)

Speaking of dear Scots, guess who's I'm meeting in Sydney! Alex!! She's flying back to Scotland for a few weeks and going to be in Sydney for a few days. I'm flying down on the 4th and we're going to hit up Bondi Beach! :) :) Super stoked!!!! Then I'll visit the Opera House and everything as well. Maybe I'll even get to visit 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney, Australia. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment