Thursday, June 25, 2009

No one knows what a S'more is.

Or a Graham cracker at that!!! This calls for me introducing the whole of the UK and NZ to S'mores. It must be done and the world will have Katelyn Elizabeth Kennedy to thank for that.

Okay, updating finally. No internet at the house yet...maybe never...it's expensive! Internet cafes may just be how I'm going to contact everyone. Womp womp. Life is good, busy with work and the new flat, etc. It's really nice to have a house to hang out and relax in after work without all the crazyness of the hostel. Plus, I have flatties that I loooove. We all decied it was lovely that we just want to go home after work to hang out with each other because we all get along so well. :) Precious.

No new pictures yet - I have a ton but I never have time after work to get to a cafe so I randomly asked for the afternoon off today just to make time for this. Yep yep. That's how crazy my life is. I never see my new house in the daylight except for my days off because I leave in the dark and come home in the dark. I've taken to walking up Fernhill (about a 25 minute hike) after work for some chill time. It's super cool because it's completely dark and there's very little light pollution in NZ. You can see all the stars and the Milky Way almost every night! It's super pretty and a really sweet way to walk home.

Oh! Newest adventure! Alex and I were boarding on Tuesday but then I severed a bootlace on accident (Stupid me, resting my newly sharpened board on my foot....) and ripped my pants (crappy old pants that I needed to replace anyway) so we headed home. However, this all occurred about 2pm and buses don't leave the mountain until 3. Neither of us wanted to wait for a bus that long so we decided to hitchhike home. Now, worry not! Hitching in NZ is quite safe. Everyone picks everyone up because it's such a travelers city. We've all been in the situations where we don't have cars and it's hard to get places, etc. so everyone's super nice. Anyway, this girl gives us a lift down the mountain but is then heading from Coronet Peak to the Remarkables so she drops us off at the bottom of the mountain. It's still a foreverlong hike so we hitch again and get picked up by a Japanese family in a minivan who was driving from Wanaka to Queenstown. It was...exceptionally funny. Life is a bit of a joke here and I love it.

Alright, must run and meet everyone for fireworks! The Winter Festival starts tonight! Miss everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Next thing you will tell me is that they have never heard of SINGSTAR or ABBA!!!

    These people need some proper edumacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just imagining you hitchhiking in NZ and I chuckle .. somehow I just find it funny.. .like a scene in a movie

    ReplyDelete