Also, Chami joined a beach volleyball comp that plays every Wednesday. He got Laing involved and Pippa plays sometimes, so I went out to watch and hang out last week - needless to say, now I'm roped in to play. So, come this Wednesday, I'm going to attempt some beach volleyball. Which is good as Kate decided that we should have a front of house vs. kitchen volleyball match for work next week. :) That'll be interesting since there's 3 kitchen people and 7-8 front of house people...oh well!
I may have a friend to learn to surf with - which may actually give me the motivation to do it! The new girl (also Kate) from work and I had a chat about it yesterday and she wants to learn as well so we may buy boards and give it a go (Don't worry mom, there's a shop here that you can give your board to and they sell it for you so a surfboard won't be coming home with me).
Let's see...the only other thing that's really happened is we had a BBQ last night - heaps of people showed up with lots of food. I made a quiche and it was gone in about 4 minutes! :) There was one Sri Lankan lady who was lovely and kept telling Laing and I that she would teach us how to properly cook some curries, which I think would be grand! May have to invite her over and get her to show me. Also, Chami showed us an interesting way to cook snapper. He wrapped the fish in paper, poured water over it, let it grill for like 15 minutes until the water had evaporated and lit on fire. Then you let it burn off to give the fish a bit of a smoky flavor. It was quite tasty!
Oh and exciting news! My dear old flatmate from NZ, Alex, is going home to Scotland for a few weeks in August and she has to fly through Sydney. She's going to have a couple day layover so I just may have to make it down to Sydney for that! What fun!!! :D
Yup, that's pretty much all my not-so-exciting news. Hope everyone's doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment