Heeey..... Way overdue, I know. I suck. Alright so, one week left of my job on the mountain and then I'm unemployed! This season just flew by...it's crazy! Notable things that I've done recently is gone on a roadtrip! Laing and I drove up to the West Coast one day and saw Fox Glacier which was soooo cool! Seeing a glacier is trippy as! We're driving up to it and we're surrounded by trees and such but it kinda looks like a rain forest! All lush and green and it was slightly sprinkling but the sun was out so it was all sparkly. Very cool. We didn't get as close to the glacier as I would've liked because you have to have a guide for that, but it was still really cool. Because the sun was out and it was raining, there were rainbows everywhere too! I've never seen so many. We saw a triple rainbow which even Laing said he'd never seen before. The one we saw was kinda like this: http://digitalretrograde.com/Photos/quadruple_rainbow.jpg
Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it because I managed to SUCK and lose my camera on the Remarks in the baby park last week. I am quite gutted and hopefully someone will return it!!! We even took it out that day so Eils and I could have photos of us boarding to prove we can do it! In fact, Arielle got this great picture of me, balancing perfectly on the top of the pipe in the baby park at this really cool angle. So sad to lose it. :( [a spine is like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3078/3153094424_af350cc4d3_m.jpg <--that one of course is bigger than the one we use but just as an example.]
Anyway, back to the road trip story. We were driving to the glacier and NZ's West Coast is so pretty. All lush and gorgeous. Highly recommended. Anyway, there's one beach that you pass and we're driving past and see all these little towers of rocks. Apparently, someone started this by making a little tower and people just started stopping and added on so there's an entire stretch of beach full of this funny little towers of rocks and wood, etc. So, of course, we pulled over and made one of our own. But just one tower wasn't unique enough for Laing. He wanted to be more original and we had found all these big white rocks that look heaps like eggs, so he built a nest for them. I do have pictures of these because I used my tiny memory cards to take like 15 photos using Eilidh's camera. So I'll upload those ASAP.
On the way back from the glacier, we stopped over at this little bit that had a hiking trail leading to Blue Pools. We didn't know what it was but it looked cool so we hopped out to hike and found this awesome glacial river and really cool high ropey bridges (like the one Jack did in Africa!! But...heaps safer.) But Aussies are...insane. This is something I have learned while in NZ. Kiwis and Aussies are crazy. Laing decides what would be the best idea and most refreshing is to dunk his head into the freezing cold glacial river. So he does and then keeps bothering me until I did it too just to shut him up, lol! It was freezing, but indeed, quite refreshing. Not that I ever need to do it again. But now I can say I did! Anyway, it was quite pretty and Laing and I decided to get everyone together on a day off, drive out to Blue Pools and have a big day out with a picnic and everything! It'll be fun.
Let's see...what else...not too much on boarding. Me and a bunch of workmates went up yesterday because Remarks got a bit of a dump, but the visibility was HORRIBLE. White outs most of the day. I was with Zoe and Big Tom (who's like 6'8") and boarding with Tom is like...boarding with the Abominable Snowman. He's so big. HIS SNOWBOARD IS A 167cm! IT'S TALLER THAN ME!!! Lol!
Well that's all really to report for now. Probably one of the longest entries ever so enjoy it! :) X
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment