Well, I think it's official that I'm a horrible blogger. Sorry! So, interesting things that have happened:
Survived an earthquake that rated a 7.8 on the Richter scale. Okay, so it may have been farther south but it was still super cool.
I'm to a new level of boarding! Dude, snowboarding is so much fun. I took a level 3 (Intermediate) lesson on Tuesday with my mate, Eilidh (pronounced like Hayley without the H - Ayley!) and a kid we met, Jack. Our instructor, Jax, said we progessed super fast in the lesson - moreso than most lessons!! So much fun. It was sleeting the whole time, but the snow was decent, and we kept boarding all day even though we were absolutely SOAKED through. Getting to this new level of boarding where I can turn properly and get some great speed on the intermediate slopes is absolutely epic. It's such a high on life.
After this grand lesson, I was walking home and a little dog runs across Fernhill Road (a big main road that I live off of) and almost gets hit by a bus. Anyway, she was a little sweetheart and I figured she was lost as she was pretty trained for a puppy but had no collar. So I lured her home and called the SPCA. All my flatties were super excited to have a dog for an afternoon (even Matt though he's slightly allergic!) so we had fun playing with "Daisy" (who we later found out was named Indie) and having a dog again. Turns out she ran off chasing something and her owners were super worried. We kept getting texts from them saying, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" lol.
After all this, Alex and I had to head into town but she had a meeting and couldn't take her car home so...I drove! Any license in English is legal in NZ, so...I gave the left side of the road a try! Even roundabouts! It was quite exciting. Though I kept having to say, "Left side, left side, left side" the whole time, which made a few of my friends quite nervous in the car. :D
So, in essence, professional snowboarder, dog saver and left-side-of-the-road driver = me. Sweet as, bro!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha, i love the "left side, left side" visual. glad you are having fun! also, according to the news, you are about 30cm closer to Australia following the earthquake. now there is no excuse not to go there.
ReplyDelete